This chocolate lava cake is sinfully delicious and easy to make. Use fresh eggs laid by your own chicken will make it extra special.
8 oz chocolate
1/4 C butter, unsalted
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp - dash nutmeg
A pinch of salt
3 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Extra butter for molds
1. Melt butter on low heat, and add chocolate, stir until chocolate is melted.
2. In a mixing bowl, add sugar, flour and eggs and all other ingredients, whisk until mixed thoroughly.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture slowly into the egg batter.
4. Butter the molds.
5. Pour the chocolate batter into the mold 3/4 full.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 degree oven until the outside of the cake is set, approximately 18-20 minutes or until the outter shell of the cake is set.
This is a super easy recipe. Especially good when made with home raised eggs, wholesome, none GMO ingredients.
1 1/2 Cup flour;
1 1/2 Cup sugar;
3 sticks of butter, room temperature (you can substitute the butter with equal volume of olive oil);
2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour the batter in a fluted baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow cake to cool.
Meyer's lemon dripping: Mix juice from 1 Meyer's lemon with enough powdered sugar to form a thick slurry. Drizzle over cooled cake. (Meyer's lemons are shaped just like regular lemons, but are orange in color. They are less sour and have a special fragrant.)