Spring Chinook is one of the best fish around, especially if you catch it yourself. The bright orange flesh is a sign of health. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, an essential nutrient for human health, but the body can not make it on its own. Omega-3 can help reduce the body's inflamation, and help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis. Enough about the health benefit, this delicious recipe will make you want more on the merit of its taste alone.Directions:
2. Cover the salmon generously with the dry rub, and leave the fish in the fridge for 24 hours;
3. Soak the wood chips of your choice (cherry, hickory, oak etc) in water for at least 1 hr.
4. Place the chips in a cast iron pan inside the smoker;
5. Smoke in a smoker at a temperature between 160-180F until done, around 6 hours. Check the fish once in a while, baste the fish with the juice produced during the seasoning.
6. Remove salmon from smoker, pack in mason jars with tight lid. Or freeze the fish in vaccum packed bags.
7. Serving suggestions: Serve on rye crackers with cream cheese.
Smoked Salmon Dry Rub Recipe:
2 C. white sugar
1/2 C. salt
2 T. granualated onion
2 T. garlic powder
2 t. drie mustard powder
1 grated lemon zest.
Mix all ingredients together. Keep in a jar until ready to use. Good for 6 months.